Thursday, November 3, 2011

Wal Mart.......

OK... so our Wal Mart has stopped doubling as of Halloween night :( But this don't mean that we can't get some great deals still. Remember, Foodland and Kroger only doubles up to .50, so our coupons that are over that amount are still just as good since they will honor the price match.

Also, this couponer was told that because of the bad news, Wal Mart was opening their own store coupons that are printables. You can find their store coupons at http://coupons.walmart.com/. I am unsure as to if stacking is allowed though. Stacking is when you use a store coupons (does not state "manufacturer coupon", instead states "store coupon", "only valid at ****", or Wal Mart Coupon. I have not printed out any of these just yet either, so not sure how they are worded.

Until my last visit, I was told I was able to use one store and one mfr coupon on the same item. I used this on my Charmin, Bounce, and a couple other items. This was done several times at both the Charleston, and Logan stores. However, last visit to Logan I was told that you couldn't stack by the cashier. Instead of arguing, I just let it go. I will find out and confirm if it is allowed or not by a Head CSM or another member of management. I will also check both stores as well. It may just be the Logan store because of a couple shoppers who have absolutely abused the gift. The Charleston store didn't even blink an eye when I pulled out my Target and mfr coupons on the Charmin.

Hopefully, if Wal Mart gets the programming right for the registers, doubling will resume. I was told that the reason they stopped was because of the holiday shopping. The busiest time of the year combined with the increased sales from the doubling was causing a huge issue  for the cashiers. Doubling has been beginning in different parts of the country every couple of months for a while now. So I am pretty convinced that it should be a temporary issue. Even if the doubling don't resume before Christmas, it could  very well be picked back up after the return rush after the holidays. Let's keep our fingers crossed!

If I hear any new news on my visits, I will post it on our Facebook page as it comes. I do talk to the cashiers at the stores to see if there are any buzzes about changes while I am checking out. I also talk to any stock person that I may encounter to ensure that I have up to date info. So I am always checking this out. Will pass along anything that I hear.

No comments:

Post a Comment